ATX Community

Google: ATX

Ray in Ohio

While sitting here waiting for ATX to open, I randomly decided to google why the program is so slow. When I typed in "Why is ATX"...... it automatically filed in.. "Why is ATX 2012 so slow".

Come on people.... have you all been googling ATX this year?? I just can't believe it.... and no one shared the answers on this forum!! What's up with that????? :dunno:

Ray, are you googling from the same processor that is opening ATX? If so, that could be part of the problem. I realized early on that ATX needed all the resources avallable to work at a reasonable speed so I work ATX in as sterile of an environment that I can create. I do all of my email and Internet searches on my iPad when ATX is working and I have not had nearly the slow speed issues that I have read about.

On another note, I love the 8949 import. Imported around 130 stock transactions last night with all columns filled and it took less than ten minutes including opening the software and manipulating the data in excel. How sweet is that?

I also like the data import -- they have added the F/S/J, transaction type, and 8949 codes that we used to have to enter one-by-one from drop -down menus even after importing the rest of the data (that was _such_ a pain).

Now we have to work on brokerage house export files. I had one with 135 transactions, Quick double-check before import and I found two errors. And hour and a half later of carefully cross-checking EVERY field in the bleeping thing I found four more errors. All were material - name, date, or basis mis-matches on a half dozen transactions, any of which would have resulted in a letter. Have to charge the client for the time (they're going to be thrilled - not) but we know it's right, now.