ATX Community

DRAKE W 2, 941, 940 ETC CAPABILITIES

Lee B

Guest Taxed

Got the Drake demo for 2012 but the client writeup module is not included. You need that module to do W2, 1099, 940 and 941. I have a call into Drake to find out about that.

Also the demo prints NOT for Filing on the signature line.

If you are attending a Drake seminar that is your best bet to get all questions answered from the horses mouth!

I got the 2011 demo and purchased Drake on a PPR basis for 2012, so I don't have the cWU either, but I did enough reading to find out that to efile using the CWU, one needs another IRS-assigned number to file through the IRS' FIRE system. You would need to allow at least 6 weeks ahead of filing to receive that number by mail. I'm assuming that the W2 e-filing through SSA is the same as before, but I don't know that as a fact. I'm starting to watch some of the tutorials that are available on Drake's site about the CWU and will probably attend one of their seminars too. Let us know what you find out.

Guest Taxed

Just found out that Client Write Up is a separate module (included in the base pricing). There is a separate demo that must be downloaded from their website and there is a good tutorial on how to setup the payroll account and process payroll live or after the fact.

The only issue is that a separate ERO PIN is required to e-file the 941X forms. This is a IRS requirement. Those of us with an EFIN and PTIN can request that from IRS. They provide the instructions. Also your client (business owner with the payroll) needs a 10 digit PIN# that can be applied from the software. So to e-file 941X forms both the employer and you (ERO) need pins.

I looked at the Drake seminar locations for 2013, they are still in the process of updating locations and dates.