ATX Community

PortalSafe

jshtax

Agreed, and I don't want to know the client's log in or password information or have them enter it on my system either.

You want to hear a good one. I had Bank of America account and one of my clients wanted to pay my fees by transferring from her account, same bank and branch. She logged in using my computer and I don't know what she did but her account got linked to mine and i could see her transactions? I called her and the bank and we got that fixed.

You want to hear a good one. I had Bank of America account and one of my clients wanted to pay my fees by transferring from her account, same bank and branch. She logged in using my computer and I don't know what she did but her account got linked to mine and i could see her transactions? I called her and the bank and we got that fixed.

This is a prime example of why I prefer to download the information from the client's web page myself. Most people over the age of 40 have no clue how to do these modern things.

Just to continue the conversation about trade downloads, if your clients use E-Trade they can get you a spreadsheet as well. They need to be logged in to their account.

""You can request a manual download of your realized gains and losses to import into any tax software. Simply log on and go to the Trading & Portfolios tab. Click Portfolios, then select Gains & Losses. If you have activity to download, you will see a download link on the right hand side of the screen. ""