ATX Community

Internet Explorer 11

ADGFINANCIAL

My suggestion as a web developer is to always use the latest version of whatever browser you have installed. It's especially important with Internet Explorer, as it lags pretty far behind every other browser in terms of standards support.

In my opinion, Internet Explorer stopped being total garbage with version 9, and has improved greatly with every version since.

• Like 1

I think Firefox is great. I use it a lot for development because it's got a few extensions that I'd have a hard time working without.

I use Chrome for 99% of my casual browsing. It's faster at page rendering and javascript performance than any other browser. I like the minimal interface more, but that's a personal preference. I log into Chrome with my Google account, and my bookmarks, history, passwords, extensions, and even open tabs can be synced across all of my computers and my cell phone and tablet.

Both Firefox and Chrome have AdBlock extensions that make browsing the web a lot less obnoxious. Not sure if IE has such an extension or not. If it weren't for the sync features of Chrome, IE might be good enough with version 11 for me to try using regularly again--it's come a long way.

Intuit Tax Online has emailed an advisory against using IE 11, due to unspecified problems.

Chrome, Firefox, & Safari, are their preferred browsers.

Intuit needs to fix Intuit Tax Online. Forcing people to use outdated web browsers holds back innovation on the web, and leaves customers open to attack through un-patched software vulnerabilities. There is no excuse for it, especially for a software company with the development resources that Intuit has.

• Like 2

Intuit needs to fix Intuit Tax Online. Forcing people to use outdated web browsers holds back innovation on the web, and leaves customers open to attack through un-patched software vulnerabilities. There is no excuse for it, especially for a software company with the development resources that Intuit has.

Are they one of the companies helping design the Obamacare website?