ATX Community

Desktop and laptop

barosser

I use cubby (www.cubby.com) to keep data on my laptop and desktop synced. Every time a file in one of my designated folders changes, it automatically syncs it with both of my laptops. It works a lot like skydrive and dropbox and several others but has the advantage of being able to sync any folders I so designate, not just the default folders set up by the software.

I have not tried it with ATX files . . . but I wonder if it would work. I'll check it out and let you know.

From their website: [emphasis added by me]
When working in the cloud, it’s natural to be a little anxious about safety. Rest assured that Cubby protects your information so you can work securely.
Built on LogMeIn’s own Gravity Data Services, so your information is never outsourced to a third party.
Choose how to sync, keeping your information out of the cloud altogether if you like.
Protects your data with AES 256-bit encryption, as used by online banks, and client-side encryption, extra encryption through your desktop.
Cubby Locks adds an extra layer of protection to any of your cubbies containing sensitive documents.

Keep your existing file structure intact. Turn folders into cubbies where they live on your computer.

Interesting, thanks for sharing that. Looks like the free version would work for many of us.

Just have to add, this is exactly what is so great about this board. We all benefit from things members find and share, many that we did not even realize existed. Whether it's a new ruling to cite, a new problem alert, a new solution to a problem, a better way to deal with a sticky situation, etc, we can all gain from each other's knowledge. Thankfully, we have a great group, full of all sorts of wonderful knowledge and different interests. I've learned so much and I just have to say "thank you" to all of you for all you contribute here.

• Like 2

Funny that you should say that because I asked my IT person on Saturday if there was a gizmo whereby I could connect two computers; one desktop and one laptop; both USB to one USB printer. He hadn't heard of anything but said he would check. I checked myself and found just what I was looking for on Amazon on Sunday. Only $12.99 and exactly what I want and the reviews are all five stars.

You need a new IT person friend!

No Way........we work very well together. This is super stress time for him, but he still took the time on Sunday to do some updates and adjustments to two of my computers, remotely. Generally, IT's first thought is "wireless" as that is what so many people want. Also, he works all day at a factory job and now, at his busiest time of the year, has to take three weeks off to go from WI to AZ for his daughter's wedding. Often, I am able to help him out. I choose and purchase all of my own equipment; he sets it up and maintains it. I take care of his tax issues. I am at the top of his priority list at all times. Nobody knows the answer to everything; just as we don't know all of the tax laws without research.

You need a new IT person friend!

No Way........we work very well together. This is super stress time for him, but he still took the time on Sunday to do some updates and adjustments to two of my computers, remotely. Generally, IT's first thought is "wireless" as that is what so many people want. Also, he works all day at a factory job and now, at his busiest time of the year, has to take three weeks off to go from WI to AZ for his daughter's wedding. Often, I am able to help him out. I choose and purchase all of my own equipment; he sets it up and maintains it. I take care of his tax issues. I am at the top of his priority list at all times. Nobody knows the answer to everything; just as we don't know all of the tax laws without research.

Sorry did not know his background with you!