ATX Community

Payroll software vs Tax Package?

jshtax

No one is requiring you to use the payroll program. It isn't compatible with the Drake you are using.

jshtax, obviously there's no issue with compatibility since both the ATX payroll compliance reporting and W-2/1099 programs operate as standalone programs, and anyone can purchase these separately without having to purchase the ATX tax preparation program. Each of these can be used for payroll and 1099 reporting even if you decide to prepare your clients' income tax returns using Drake software. You are correct that CCH didn't ruin the payroll programs by updating them to the Raven like it did with the ATX 2012 tax program.

jshtax, obviously there's no issue with compatibility since both the ATX payroll compliance reporting and W-2/1099 programs operate as standalone programs, and anyone can purchase these separately without having to purchase the ATX tax preparation program. Each of these can be used for payroll and 1099 reporting even if you decide to prepare your clients' income tax returns using Drake software. You are correct that CCH didn't ruin the payroll programs by updating them to the Raven like it did with the ATX 2012 tax program.

I am about as aware of that as I am aware that Jack never answers a question directly.

Do I see correctly that the payroll still uses the 11 format? Why is it not being changed since the new platform is so wonderful? Better yet why can't we go back to that platform?

Yes, I assumed you are aware, but I thought I'd put it out there for anyone else that might read this topic since Jack stated otherwise. ;)

I am about as aware of that as I am aware that Jack never answers a question directly.

I do not answer questions that are rhetorical and only meant to stir up trouble. The payroll program will not import or export to Drake, the program that jshtax has chosen for 2013. I grow weary of the intentional sniping at ATX.

If I were to choose not to honor my NDA with CCH, my answers would keep those "snipers" from posting.

The Drake CWU module (payroll and accounting) is suppose to be upgraded according to some who are closer to this program at the Drake forum into a stand alone accounting package with more features. Right now CWU is included in the base pricing, but if that upgrade happens there is talk that it will be un-bundled.

One advantage of the ATX payroll module is that you can e-file using your EFIN. With the Drake CWU to e-file you need to register with the IRS FIRE system and get a separate Pin. Not a big deal but does take over a month to get that darn PIN.

I do not answer questions that are rhetorical and only meant to stir up trouble. The payroll program will not import or export to Drake, the program that jshtax has chosen for 2013. I grow weary of the intentional sniping at ATX.

If I were to choose not to honor my NDA with CCH, my answers would keep those "snipers" from posting.

I never said anything about importing to Drake. Are you in bed with ATX? Why so much love?

I never said anything about importing to Drake. Are you in bed with ATX? Why so much love? I am not on board with Drake and if you pulled your head out of your ass you would know that from my previous post. God help the clients you work with I am sure they get top notch service.

I would have you ask the people I have helped, but I will not subject them to such interrogatory questions and comments. Therefore, I will not.

Maybe you don't understand the concept of honoring your agreements and commitments?

jsh and Jack, enough already!

jsh, I can see from Jack's quote of your post that you went back and edited it later. Publicly attacking another member won't be tolerated.

Jack, maybe in future with these posts you deem to be sniping, you should ignore them by not answering those posters here that you feel don't deserve an answer or use the block function. Your postings of non-helpful comments that do not provide an answer merely to show that you won't answer a particular person only serves to add fuel to the fire.

• Like 1