ATX Community

OPM no longer mailing 1099-R

Joel

One of my clients informed me that they received a letter from the Office of Personnel Management that a 1099-R would not be mailed for 2013. It is necessary to go online to https://www.servicesonline.opm.gov/ . Log in with your claim number and password to print your copy of the 1099-R.

My clients do not have an computer and asked me over the phone to enter their info and password. I did and since it has been more that 15 months since they had someone access their account the password has expired and they must call the OPM office to get a temporary password.

Has anyone else encountered this?

Just received a call from my client and he had spoken with an employee at OPM who said that, due to extensive complaints they have decided to mail out the 1099-R the last week in January. He said they did not know what they were planning for next year.

Meanwhile my clients temporary password is being sent via US Mail. He could not give out the password over the phone.