ATX Community

Let's make a list for this coming season (OBAMA CARE)

Pacun

I do very few corporation taxes and all of them have about 5 employees. So, they don't have to change anything regarding health insurance for their employees.

This is what I am going to tell my clients, if they don't have insurance by March 31, they will have to pay a penalty of $95 per adult on their returns and half for each child. I will also explain that they should have insurance now but there are 3 months in a year that don't accumulate penalty. (Side note, no penalty for children with ITIN, correct?). I don't have to worry about the 1% because my clients make little money and make a lot of babies (some of them, most of them).

I will suggest to go to the Obama care website and check it out. Most of them will want me to do it for them but I should not get involved with this, correct?

Now, during tax season, I only prepare taxes and I don't do tax planning. Do I have to invest a lot of time explaining the Obama care if I am not doing or charging for tax planning?

Please add to the list. Do you have a letter that we can add to the tax copies explaining something of this that you can share. I think the letter should start with "you didn't pay for tax planning but here you are and it is your responsibility to comply with "Obamacare"".