ATX Community

OneDesk Users

Terry D EA

I'd like a descent user guide, the one I found is very basic. I'd rather figure it out by reading the having to call .

Like when you up load a document, I hit that button just to see what it does. couldn't find info on in the guide. I'll have to call tomorrow to make sue it will be sent with the return

I agree the user guide is a little weak. I tried to create a pdf of a 1040 with various schedules to e-mail to a client for some kind of application. The only way I accomplished this was to change my default printer to cutepdf printer. Too many hoops and I will call on this as well. I did ask them to fix the way information is entered on the 8253 form cause when you tab down it goes all over the place. That was a couple of weeks ago and today when I completed that form the cursor still goes all over the place. Overall I think this is good software but agree there are some quirks.

To save as a .pdf, just Export to Document Manager instead of printing selected forms.

Then in Document Manager, when viewing, save and it'll save as a pdf.

Personally I always encypt when saving to send out like that so I print to my Primopdf and that'll let me encrypt the file with a password.

I've had some really goofy depreciations lately that just wouldn't spit out a depreciation figure.

Be sure to make a list of things you want changed. I've got about 8 items right now. For examply cash charitable contributions needs to be a spreadsheet entry like they have line-item entry or even a stock trade entry. Entering each one separately is annoying and time consuming.

Tax free income that is taxable or not at the state level would IMO be better served being entered directly into the DIVIDEND or INTEREST screens. Now I have to go to the state return and make a manual adjustment and obsess I'll forget.

SO MUCH CRAP doesn't roll forward from last year. the details of a private mortgage doesn't roll forward. How? Easily forgotten and if not rolled forward we can easily miss.

At first I thought Depreciation wasn't being carried forward and, well it's not but when I opened last years software and hit the asset" button a pdf document opened showing what the depreciation amount is for the upcoming years, si at least I didn't have to enter the stuff all over again. THIIS IS THE TYPE OF STUFF THAT WOULD BE IN A GOOD USER MANUAL.