ATX Community

Held state return

Marie

I'm efiling two states. Program ask me if I want to hold the state only return. What is the best way to do? Do you mark and transmit Fed and Ks and MO marked hold? or do you only transmit Fed and KS, wait to be accepted and then transmit MO? I don't know in what order or how do this? Please help. Thanks

I'm efiling two states. Program ask me if I want to hold the state only return. What is the best way to do? Do you mark and transmit Fed and Ks and MO marked hold? or do you only transmit Fed and KS, wait to be accepted and then transmit MO? I don't know in what order or how do this? Please help. Thanks

I always piggyback the state with the biggest refund. I hold the other state until the fed is accepted.

I always piggyback the state with the biggest refund. I hold the other state until the fed is accepted.

Do you mark all three to transmit at the same time, or can you just transmit the state only after the federal and state piggyback are accepted? What's the point of doing a "held"? Just so you don't make a mistake of transmitting until you're ready?

Do you mark all three to transmit at the same time, or can you just transmit the state only after the federal and state piggyback are accepted? What's the point of doing a "held"? Just so you don't make a mistake of transmitting until you're ready?

I do not send the held return until the federal is accepted. If the federal is rejected I think the piggyback is rejected also. That way I can correct all of them and send again. You can transmit the state only later.