ATX Community

Alexander technique deductible medical?

Margaret CPA in OH

Client sent me ahead of her appointment list of deductions. On medical, she lists chiropractor, acupuncture and Alexander. I called to ask about Alexander. She assures me it is a medically deductible procedure. I assured her that I did not see it listed anywhere but I would do research. One place I looked included it with Pilates which I doubt is deductible. I think I will stand by my insistence that she must have a physician's prescription before I would consider and then maybe.

She will be here in about 45 minutes. I don't relish this as she is constantly trying to deduct everything possible. New LLC in 2012. 2013 - Income, $342. Expenses, $2076. Oh, and that's before the crucial OIH, of course.

So Alexander? Anyone?

Client sent me ahead of her appointment list of deductions. On medical, she lists chiropractor, acupuncture and Alexander. I called to ask about Alexander. She assures me it is a medically deductible procedure. I assured her that I did not see it listed anywhere but I would do research. One place I looked included it with Pilates which I doubt is deductible. I think I will stand by my insistence that she must have a physician's prescription before I would consider and then maybe.

She will be here in about 45 minutes. I don't relish this as she is constantly trying to deduct everything possible. New LLC in 2012. 2013 - Income, $342. Expenses, $2076. Oh, and that's before the crucial OIH, of course.

So Alexander? Anyone?

"I think I will stand by my insistence that she must have a physician's prescription before I would consider and then maybe" is the correct position.