ATX Community

doing 941's, 2290's and 5500's on drake ?

cheering

there are some returns that ATX does that Drake doesn't do, like 2290's, 5500's and 5500-EZ

also, i used to be able to process 941's and 940's on ATX.

[i did use the drake client write-up a few times for 941's, and it wasn't totally bad,

but, not near as good as doing them on ATX].

so, i used the 2013 ATX on a pay-per-return basis for a few of these returns,

ummm, and i am not happy about this issue.

how do other drake users do these other returns that they used to do on ATX ?

any and all help, truly appreciated !!

I use both Medlin Payroll and Drake for 941's (depending on whether they are after the fact (Drake) or a PR client (Medlin)). I do NOT e-file 941's; paper copies go to the client to sign & send in.

Neither of them are as nice as the ATX payroll used to be - but I have gotten used to them. I also use CFS Tax Software for the instruction letters for those returns. CFS sells its own 941 software but since I already have two systems that will prepare them it seems more than a bit silly to purchase a 3rd as a standalone.

I prepared the 940s, 941s, W-2s and 1099s on Drake. And, yes, it was a struggle at first but it was a bit better the second time I did them.

I used the ATX W-2 program from 2012 for state unemployment (though, Drake does them also), state withholding and the Denver Occupational Privilege Tax. It is fine until the forms are changed, then I suppose that I'll have to do some online on the state and city websites. Also, use the instructions from the ATX program.

How was ATX not good on the pay per return basis?