ATX Community

lOUISIANA TAX REFUND

Donny

anyone know when they will start mailing out tax refunds, I have a couple of direct dep. but not showing on web site where any has been mailed, thanks I told them when I filed they would be late but that doesn't stop the calling.

I've been checking the "where's my refund" section of the LA REV DEPT website every day. Just tried to do that and they are currently updating information. Will try again in 30 minutes. Have you been checking there?

Lynn Jacobs, EA

Kenner, LA

anyone know when they will start mailing out tax refunds, I have a couple of direct dep. but not showing on web site where any has been mailed, thanks I told them when I filed they would be late but that doesn't stop the calling.

My Assistant just checked for his refund, which hit his account this morning (direct deposit). Yesterday the LA REV DEPT website said his refund had not been processed. That return was e-filed on 1/28/08 and accepted by the state on 1/29/08.

One of my client's also filed on 1/28 and accepted on 1/29...also got her deposit this morning (2/14/08). I was told the LA "Where's my

Refund" site would not be online until 3/31. Seems at least the message was changed....I had complained that the message clients were receiving was their refund did not match the refund on the tax return. Don't know about other preparers, but I have talked to a couple of very rude DOR employees when inquiring about refunds....even had a couple of clients call me when they got the same rude attitude from the DOR employees.

Hmmmm.....Required to e-file 30% of returns in 2008 increasing to 90% in a few years....website giving inaccurate information and rude reception from employees.....sounds like we need to bring this up to the E-File reps at the seminars this year....or maybe sooner if they don't get their act together within the next week.

Cathy

One of my client's also filed on 1/28 and accepted on 1/29...also got her deposit this morning (2/14/08). I was told the LA "Where's my

Refund" site would not be online until 3/31. Seems at least the message was changed....I had complained that the message clients were receiving was their refund did not match the refund on the tax return. Don't know about other preparers, but I have talked to a couple of very rude DOR employees when inquiring about refunds....even had a couple of clients call me when they got the same rude attitude from the DOR employees.

Hmmmm.....Required to e-file 30% of returns in 2008 increasing to 90% in a few years....website giving inaccurate information and rude reception from employees.....sounds like we need to bring this up to the E-File reps at the seminars this year....or maybe sooner if they don't get their act together within the next week.

Cathy

La has always been in need of some help, last year I was going to put st. adress and po box on my returns when I called to see if they would pick up on refund going to po box, the answer was "I'm not sure" that is why I change to po box and then send state as a stand alone. I did not want to take the chance that they could not figure out that refund from state would go to p. o.also the first year I was in businees I filed one with state retirement and took me 4 phone calls to make the people at DOR realize that this amt was not taxable to La.