ATX Community

E-Filing in ATX 2007

jjones1157

I am having major problems trying to update and e-file. I contacted the techies and was walked through adding ATX 2007 and atxcommx07 to the list of exceptions in Windows firewall. I toggled Windows firewall on/off but it still didn't work. (Windows firewall only firewall I have). After that the techie folks said the problem may be with my firewall in my router. I use Linksys wireless. What I find strange in all this is the fact that whenever I open ATX 2006, I'm able to update and e-file without problems. I ran that by the techie guy and but really didn't get a decent reply. <_< Has anyone else had this problem? Is it the software or the router's firewall. In the meantime, I have to revert back to my old laptop and do e-filings thru dial-up :angry:

Any suggestions?

jjones1157, do you have the same problem hooking your laptop up to the router? If so, I would buy a different router and be done with it. I use D-Link and have had no problems. But I also don't use the Windows Firewall -- I use AVG Firewall and Antivirus. You don't happen to use Norton Security do you? I had all kinds of problems with that and connecting to the internet.

If you have a router, you do NOT need any software firewalls. The router, by its very nature has a hardware firewall in it. Turn off ALL software firewalls, reboot, and try again. Also turn off all "system protection" programs, except your anti-virus.

Did that but didn't work. I've been speaking with others about this problem and someone suggested I create a "Port" so that I can get internet connection with the ATX 2007 software. Any advice on trying this method?