ATX Community

Intuit ACA Seminar & Webinar offers - FREE -- some CE

easytax

The QuickBooks maker unveiled a series of live and virtual training opportunities to help preparers get ready for the 2014 tax season and the expected onslaught of confusion and new tax rules stemming from ACA. Intuit reports that its recent survey of tax pros revealed that only 7 percent of respondents felt “very prepared” for the changes resulting from the ACA.

Tax professionals can earn free CPE credits –- three credits for the live sessions and one credit for the webinars -– as they learn more about the ACA’s implications for taxpayers and businesses and how they can help clients prepare.

The next live seminar will be offered twice on Thursday, Nov. 13, in Los Angeles: from 8 a.m. to noon (Pacific Time) and from 1 p.m. to 5 p.m., at the Hilton North Los Angeles/Glendale, 100 W. Glenoaks Blvd., Glendale, Calif.

The webinars will be on Nov. 18 and Nov. 20, and on Dec. 9 and Dec. 11.

For information or to register, visit Intuit ACA Resources or the Intuit ACA sites for in-person training or webinar training.

This was from a 'Tax Pros Today" article  received today 11/10/2014 --- Nov. webinars are full -- Dec. 9 & 11 still open as of now (1900 hr. EST 11/10).

For those of you in the greater NY area, the NY/CT-ATP's November dinner meeting is 2 CEs on ACA by a speaker that I've heard and liked and learned from before on other topics.  Here's a link:

http://nyctatp.org/event/2014-november-dinner-meeting/

Dinner at 6 p.m. in Danbury, CT, off I-84; education program at 7 p.m. or a little earlier start.

This is my favorite group.  I'm newly on the education committee.  Feel free to poke around the website or ask me any questions.  The dues are only $60 or so.  We're having a great two-day seminar December 4-5 (including 1 CE NY and 1 CE CT; 2 CE ethics was during our October seminar) and a January last-minute up-date, also.

• Like 1