ATX Community

Rebate

lydia33

Will we be able to efile the returns for the people that have social security benefits, interest income etc with to tax liability with a ZERO tax on them? That will determine what I will charge for them. We should not have any problem on these returns with the social security numbers and name match because we will have the ss 1099 with their names and ss numbers on them. What do you guys think? Saves a tree if we do not have to print the return to mail and save the postage.

Will we be able to efile the returns for the people that have social security benefits, interest income etc with to tax liability with a ZERO tax on them? That will determine what I will charge for them. We should not have any problem on these returns with the social security numbers and name match because we will have the ss 1099 with their names and ss numbers on them. What do you guys think? Saves a tree if we do not have to print the return to mail and save the postage.

Yes

I've had problems efiling "state only" returns because the Federal had AGI of zero. I called tech support and was told we could not efile a state only when the fed AGI is zero. Someone did mention a work-a-round (sort of)... adding a $ somewhere (other income) so the AGI is not zero. Can we efile a Federal when AGI is zero?

I've had problems efiling "state only" returns because the Federal had AGI of zero. I called tech support and was told we could not efile a state only when the fed AGI is zero. Someone did mention a work-a-round (sort of)... adding a $ somewhere (other income) so the AGI is not zero. Can we efile a Federal when AGI is zero?

You have to have at least one dollar of income for it to efile. Non-taxable social security will qualify them for the rebate, but to efile you have to put in one dollar of "interest" or "other income". to efile. No tax anyway. No harm,

no foul.

If they mail it in the IRS says they need to write in their social security on line 20a and zero on 20b.

(even though the instructions say to leave 20a blank when it is not taxable.)

So if they mail it in, this is what they need to do:

Name, address, SS#, put soc sec on line 20A... and sign and mail.... simple right??

But the question is... how do they let all these seniors know they need to file??

That's the big question.