ATX Community

can't find the election for $500 1.162-3

Marie

Marie, you are right - it's not there.  I wonder if it will be included in tomorrow's program update.  If not, then you'll (and the rest of us) will have to add a blanket election for this reg.  I found a sample:

It is the company's policy to capitalize assets that cost $___ or more.  All capitalized assets will be depreciated in accordance with the company's depreciation policy.  Assets that cost less than $__ will be expensed in the period purchased.  Amounts paid for assets with an estimated useful life of 12 months or less with a value of $___ or less are expensed in the period purchased as well.  Management will periodically review these levels and make modifications as necessary.  

Hope this helps, Lynn

• Like 2

1263 A 3H SAYS "apply safe harbor for small taxpayers to NOT apply improvement rules to eligible bldg. materials"

Is that the $500 safe harbor rule on repairs and supplies? Sorry I'm so dense - all this confusion, I just want to make sure I get the right election.