ATX Community

E-filing 1041 with Balance Due

DonnaA

I have several balance due 1041's that I would like to e-file, but I don't know how to make a tax payment. These trusts have no checking or savings account for direct debit. Does the fiduciary send a check with a signed 8453-I, or must the return be paper filed?

Also, has anyone received acknowledgment that an e-filed 1041 has been "Accepted"?

After selecting "Paper check by Mail" on the 1041 EF Info Click on the tab for mailing instructions and it tells you to

send in the check with the 8453-F within 3 days, and provides the mailing address. The ERO and Trustee need to sign the form.

Question. Somebody is sending a check somehow. The account does not have to be in the name of the Trust, just have valid

routing and account numbers for the direct debit. Why not just use that to e-file with direct debit ? That is, if you still want to after reading the following.

Re: 1041 Efile Acceptance. I e-filed a balance due 1041 with balance due on Feb 7th. It showed "Validated by EFC" almost immediately. I setup a direct debit for the 14th. Still waiting for the Acceptance notice. I e-mailed Tech support after giving up on a 45 minute hold last tuesday. I never received any response, other than the automated one. Called Wednesday afternoon. Finally after another 45 minutes I got a live person in Rome Georgia (no I never heard of it either) who took the ID#,left me on hold for 5 to 10 minutes, then returned to swear they found the e-file. For some reason it was "Just sent out that morning" That was last wednesday. Now, Tuesday, it still only says "Validated by EFC". So, if I want to try it again, I need to call the attorney who handles the trust and say, "By the way, the e-file seems to be in the Twilight Zone. Could you check the account to see if the payment went though on the 14th?" I am sure that will impress him.

Thanks for the answer. I think I'll paper file those returns.

I filed one 1041 on February 6 (no balance due) to check when ack comes through before filing any more. Still waiting for something besides "Validated by EFC" status.

I have never received any answer, other than automated ones, to emails I sent to Customer Support with problems or questions.