ATX Community

ATX Fixed Asset-History

Randall

Is there an easy way to print the asset info including the asset history for all the assets at the same time?  I don't see this option in the print menu.  The only way I see how to do it is to go to Fixed Assets, highlight each asset, print page (popup menu appears), then print.

Sorry, I guess I didn't understand what you meant by 'history.' The Detail Report shows lots of, well, detail including date in service, business use, Sec. 179, Recovery Basis and period, prior depreciation and current depreciation and more. To my mind that's a lot of history but clearly you are seeking something else. I hope you are able to find it then share the location for others.

Go to the Fixed Assets tab.  Change printer to a pdf printer (so you don't have a bunch of paper printed) .  Highlight an asset.  Click on Print Page.  A menu pops up.  Select the various options including Asset History.  Click Print, then OK.  See what shows up.  That's what I'm referring to.  ATX used to have an Asset History report.  Then it stopped for a few years.  I recently noticed this was available.  But to get it, you have to highlight each asset.  With a lot of assets, that takes some time.  I can do it and print each asset to my pdfFactoryPro and it saves each asset into one file.  I can then convert to Acrobat.  I then have this all in one file.  It's nice but I wish I could get it all in one Print option in the Print function.

Randall, how did you ever discover this? It's so amazing that it prints the history as well as the future. I just tried it on one rental building and it goes to 2039 and we aren't even there yet.

Wonder why this isn't still available. Probably 'improvements'....

I have used this feature.  But I believe it shows what the depreciation should have been, and not what may have actually occurred, since the past "history" predates the software in some cases.  It's still useful, but as Randall said -- one asset at a time.

Edited by Burke

Randall, how did you ever discover this? It's so amazing that it prints the history as well as the future. I just tried it on one rental building and it goes to 2039 and we aren't even there yet.

Wonder why this isn't still available. Probably 'improvements'....

CCH/ATX took it out per se when they "OFFERED" to have us buy fixed asset manager and needed to have the "tax" program not be quite as functional.  Check your dates and you will see ATX started selling then by eliminating some of the previous standard items in the program.