ATX Community

I am starting to believe there is a conspiracy

rfassett

I would like for the nurses filling out their time sheets for this payroll I'm doing to learn that 4 hours 45 minutes is 4.75 hours, not 4.45 hours.  Hope they administer proper dosages to their patients.  Geez Louise.

I dunno, KC, rounding may be too much to ask of people these days.

Right!  Is that something specific to the medical professions?  I took my dog to the vet and was told she'd lost weight and was 7.12 lbs so I'm thinking the tech meant 7 1/8 lbs. Nope, the .12 was 12 oz or 3/4 lb.  :huh:   So I'm standing there asking the vet about the entries and she's looking at me like I'm the crazy one.  It seems some techs do this and others don't so there was no consistency in the entries to tell what was really going on with the weight because some entries were 7.50 lbs.  That was enough to aggravate this bean counter!   :wall:

• Like 5

Clearly, medical measurements should be ___lbs ___oz, not rounded at all.  But when it comes to money on tax returns, I really think the difference if $97.50 is rounded up [as it should be] or down, is not going to change the tax in more than one out of a thousand cases,  Or maybe one in ten thousand!

• Like 2