ATX Community

Simplified General Method

Burke

All of a sudden my Simplified General Method worksheet (see tab at bottom of 1099R input) will not open.  It says "Simplified Method not being used."

Well, it dang sure is, and I used it last year on the same return, and everything rolled over to this year.  I have been using it on various tax returns this year with no problems, but I think this is the first time I have used it on an RRRB 1099R this year.   And it did it on another return today, also RRRB 1099R.  It is showing on the Detail screen, but I cannot print it, either using "Page" or in the Print Function.  So I had to use last year's worksheet and input the correct taxable amount.  The Detail sheet is showing the carryover amount remaining but if I can't print it, I cannot include it in the return!  Anyone else have this situation? 

Edited by Burke

At the top of the Simplified Method tab you have to choose which 1099R you want to see. It doesn't default to the same one you were on in the Input tab.

ARGGHHH!  Thank you, thank you, thank you.  That was it!  I feel like an idiot, had no idea that was up there.   IMO, however, it SHOULD default to the input screen which you are completing.  After all, the Simplified Method tab IS at the bottom of that screen!

Edited by Burke
  • Like 1