ATX Community

You do not have to look far to find someone having a worse day

rfassett

and this one is not that bad; but it started off with a two and a-half hour delay due to a complete power outage. And it has progressed, or regressed, if you will, to just a little while a go, a retired Priest (new client referred from my other retired Priest client (upwards in age 75 to 85), turning left into my parking lot, turned right in front of a vehicle and the other vehicle hit his.  Neither was injured too badly but both vehicles will not be driven away.  So as of this moment, I have a police car, an ambulance, and two wrecked vehicles and a party of eight people in my parking lot with two wreckers on the way.

And I have got to get some work done.

Annie - where are you? Oh there you are:  Tomorrow, tomorrow, bet your bottom dollar there'll be sun.   And I will get some tax returns done.

• Like 7

I went to work today thinking I'd finish up four returns that each had one last bit of info to be plugged in, then after lunch dig into my ever growing stack of returns I haven't touched yet.  Okay, first return had brought in the missing data then but I realized I didn't have her birth date.  Called and left a message but haven't heard back.  Next one had faxed me the HUD for a home sale, but I never got it.  Took two phone calls and 400 emails to finally get the info I needed at 8PM. Next one was a gifted home basis thing and the attorney did a great job calculating that, but again no HUD so I could add the selling expenses.  Got that one after the client came home from work. And then the one whose employer finally broke out the income earned in NY from the rest of the income, but I could not get our program to do it right (Ultratax). Finally had to override, which I hate to do but everything I tried had his entire income taxed in NY (no percentage applied, just all of it regardless of whether I separated it by amount, days worked, volume).  Took over an hour to give up and override.  So those four returns that were supposed to be done and gone by noon took up much of the day.  I probably wouldn't have felt so frustrated if I hadn't just assumed I'd knock all four in no time.

Well, I had an appointment and hoped that at least I could get that one out in a timely manner.  Of course not, they had RR retirement benefits.  I haven't done one of those since I took basic training.  Needless to say that hour appointment lasted considerably longer. And the stack just grows and grows.  I am going to give up on setting goals.  And tomorrow (the first day of spring) we're not going to get ATXaholics's sun but MORE SNOW.  Maybe the clients will leave me alone and I too will get some tax returns done.

• Like 2