ATX Community

1040X not needed, really?

Pacun

I went to visit my friend to collect some money now that she is making tons. Which reminds me that we need to donate to Eric while supplies last (but that's another post which I will prepare). Any ways, I am glad that I created a new LAN, server and joined her workstations, installed the network version of Pro Series and I have NOT received any call requiring my help. In computer and network terms, that's amazing for 10 computers networked and we are almost done with tax session. But going back to my intent, while I was there, there was a client with a letter from the IRS and everybody was running like chickens without head so I started talking to the guy. Then he showed me a letter that the IRS said:

"One or more persons on your return got advanced credit payments for his/her insurance. You need to reconcile that and you didn't do it... Unless we requested it, please do not sent 1040 forms with your reply because we already have it"

I guess the IRS just want to get the credit form and they will adjust the refund themselves.

Has anyone receive one of those?