ATX Community

Direct Debit Problem

mrichman333

Last week I had a return with a balance due for DE.  The program would not take the withdrawal date, it kept saying indicating to enter todays date or a future date.   A future date was entered.   So computer share with Dan, no fix.  Had to wait for a patch the was updated to day.  Well the error message was gone but the program still created a Payment Voucher and the bank info. was NOT on the return.  Call to Dan and another computer share and transmitting the return for Dan to look at, then more computer share.  Then Dan says eveything is good to go and we transmit the return.   BUT THE BANK INFO IS STILL NOT ON THE RETURN AND THERE IS STILL A PAYMENT VOUCHER.

So I have no reason to believe things were fixed.   So next week I'll make an embarrassing phone call to the client and ask them to check if their payment was deducted from their bank account.

HOW WANTS TO BET IT WASN'T!!!!!!

It will be embarrassing, but it's good that you caught this.  If it wasn't paid and your client's are at all computer savvy, they can make the payment very easily on DE's website by entering the same data that you are trying so hard to do through your program.  It is a very easy process, but make sure that they do it a day ahead of when they want the payment made because the site won't allow the payment date to be the day the site is accessed, unless that has recently changed. At least the DE payment isn't due until 4/30/15, so you have those extra 2 weeks to deal with this.

https://dorweb.revenue.delaware.gov/scripts/olp/olp.dll/indpay