ATX Community

Rejection shows wrong field

Margaret CPA in OH

Client has daughter he claim in alternate years - Form 8332 clearly states the years, no previous problems.

Efile was just now rejected but showed the dependent claimed already as the second child listed which I think is not possible. Second and third children are with current wife, only first child is a possible error.

I believe we still have to paper file now with Form 8332 (which I usually send with For 8453) and explanatory note. But is the error message maybe in error showing the second child listed not the first?

Thanks,

Client has daughter he claim in alternate years - Form 8332 clearly states the years, no previous problems.

Efile was just now rejected but showed the dependent claimed already as the second child listed which I think is not possible. Second and third children are with current wife, only first child is a possible error.

I believe we still have to paper file now with Form 8332 (which I usually send with For 8453) and explanatory note. But is the error message maybe in error showing the second child listed not the first?

Thanks,

I have never seen the field referred to in the rejection code to be in error.  Look for teenager with a part time job that filed to get a refund, ex that "says" the child wasn't claimed, and on the worst case scenario, the child's SS# has been used as a dependent on a fraudulent return.