ATX Community

Form 990 - Sched I

cpr1955

I don't use ATX, so I can't be sure.  You said you completed Sch. I.  Did you complete Part I and Part IV?  Would it be at all helpful on Part III to show "none" as the type of grant or assistance to individuals and 0 as the number of recipients and amount?  I don't really know what you need to do that you have not done.  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Like 1

Wowzers! I'm having a similar problem & just logged on to post an inquiry about it. I was shocked to see someone else had recently posted a related question for such an obscure issue!

In my case, grants totaled $7100 of which $5900 was to another 501c3 organization. Form 990 Part IV Q21 is marked 'yes' and Q22 is marked 'no.'

On Schedule I Parts I & IV are completed. I have the recipient organization listed in Part II (because the other organization did not receive more than $5000 it is not listed). Part III is blank because no individuals received grant funds.

I'm still getting an error message saying that since Form 990 Part IV Q21 is marked 'yes' Schedule I is required. Thoughts?

Arrgghh! I figured out what the problem was. On Part IX I indicated the grant was to domestic individuals instead of domestic organizations. I sure wish this stupid computer would enter what I intended to do instead of what I actually put in. Stupid computer  ^_^

What I don't know is why the Check Return routine was linking back to Part IV instead of Part IX where the error was.

• Like 6