ATX Community

ATX Tax Organizer

MAMalody

About five years ago I was able to convert an ATX Tax Organizer to a Word doc.  The program that I was using quit working with Windows 95 or 7.  Can't remember which. The program was not updated so no longer available.  Does any know of a program that I can use to convert the ATX Tax Organizer to a Word doc?  All my clients use the Tax Organizer and they are all transmitted via e-mail attachment.  Currently, I have had to generate an Excel tax organizer that they use, however, it does not have the prior year data which many of my clients find useful.  Any idea?

Nuance PowerPDF Standard can do it. It integrates with Windows Explorer, so you can right-click a pdf file and choose convert to word doc or excel. BUT the reason I bought it is because it will convert the PDF to a fillable PDF. Unfortunately, it's not a batch process so you have to do one file at a time, but it does it quite quickly.

If you buy it, tell them you want version 1.0 because it does a better job than 1.2. You can probably find 1.0 on ebay or amazon if you don't mind having a license that the support has expired on.

I needed 5 copies so I bought one from the company and 4 on ebay. It's $69.99 from the company and I paid between 29.99 and 34.99 on ebay for the other 4.

• Like 2

Downloaded and tried it.  Makes great .pdf and Excel forms.  The problem is they are not fillable.  Maybe I should have mentioned that.  Since all my clients use the tax organizer and send it via e-mail attachement back to me, it is critical that they can fill it out on their computer and do not have to print and scan to get it back to me.  Am I missing something, here?

• 2 weeks later...