ATX Community

Ohio return

My client moved to Louisiana in 2012 from Ohio.  He has a home in Delta, Ohio that he's been renting since he moved to Louisiana.  In 2015 he thought he'd secured a better job back 'home' in Ohio and left Louisiana 4/1.  The job didn't pan out (he moved prematurely) and he decided to stay in Ohio doing lesser jobs.  in late November 2015 he secured a job with a former Louisiana employer and moved back to Louisiana just after Thanksgiving 2015. 

He has W2's from Louisiana and from Ohio, and sch C income which he states was earned in Ohio.  He moved into his 'rental' house in Delta, Ohio. 

What Ohio forms should I be preparing?  I've downloaded the Ohio IT-1040, IT-2023, IT-4NR.  Do I need the IT-NRC?  I see the Village of Delta does not have their forms available for efiling.  I'll have to do that one by hand.  

All help, suggestions, tips are greatly appreciated.  Thanks in advance,

Lynn

File IT-1040 and check the part-year box. If the taxpayer lived in a taxing school district use SD-100. If you need to file a city return use the Ohio Generic City return.

Here's a handy site to determine if a taxpayer lives in an Ohio taxing municipality or school district--just enter the address and it does the rest:   https://thefinder.tax.ohio.gov/StreamlineSalesTaxWeb/AddressLookup/LookupByAddress.aspx?taxType=taxsummary