ATX Community

Canceling an e-file, possibly?

ILLMAS

Hello I accidently transmitted the wrong for my client, I was supposed to process my clients son, who has the same name as the dad. I picked up the son federal and the father state return. They were both accepted but the father return was not finilized. Is there a way to cancel the state once filed electronically? I thought I would ask, if not I will write a letter and provide all the support to correct it.

thanks

Hello I accidently transmitted the wrong for my client, I was supposed to process my clients son, who has the same name as the dad. I picked up the son federal and the father state return. They were both accepted but the father return was not finilized. Is there a way to cancel the state once filed electronically? I thought I would ask, if not I will write a letter and provide all the support to correct it.

thanks

Since they were both accepted, you will need to do an amended form for the father. If it is done before April 15, it will actually be treated as a corrected return.