ATX Community

OH preparers/SD100 PY returns

AnnieR

I was just told by "Mike" at OH income tax department, NOT to use ATX for part year SD100 returns because the software is not picking up the Line 2 and Line 16 adjustments. He also told me to inform ATX, so if one of you would be so kind, please do so. I can't get into MyATX..locked out and don't have time to mess with them. I have had two returns sent back to my clients with SDVAR031. This is for e-filed returns only.

Thanks

AnnieR

I was just told by "Mike" at OH income tax department, NOT to use ATX for part year SD100 returns because the software is not picking up the Line 2 and Line 16 adjustments. He also told me to inform ATX, so if one of you would be so kind, please do so. I can't get into MyATX..locked out and don't have time to mess with them. I have had two returns sent back to my clients with SDVAR031. This is for e-filed returns only.

Thanks

AnnieR

I have the same situation here. If you e-file part-year or non-resident SD100, the state system will change them to full year resident and issue a variance notice to the client. We will have about 50 to amend here this year before we caught the glitch.

All of us Ohio preparers need to send a request to ATX to make an e-file error if there is anything on line 2 of the SD100. The issue is NOT ATX, it is the inability of the State of Ohio system to process it properly.

All Ohio preparers need to take note of this.

Part-year or non-resident SD100 CANNOT be e-filed.

Just when you think it can't get any more ridiculous...client called the # on the Variance letter, person she talked to gave the same spiel about PY returns, told client that she would be sent the form in the mail, attach it to the variance letter, etc. Client brought it to me and guess what????c'mon, GUESS!!

"THEY" SENT HER A 2006 RETURN TO file!!! What the heck is going on???

AnnieR

After more investigation, the issue with part-year and non-resident SD 100 forms IS an ATX problem. If you create an e-file with either of these in the return, you get a blue message that states something to the effect of "...information from line 2 or 16 will not be transmitted with the State of Ohio return."

Does anyone at ATX care? This is the second year in a row for EXACTLY the SAME issue. (I guess that is a rhetorical question...) I have sent several e-mails (more futility) in an attempt to get them to correct the problem.

Nonetheless, Part-Year and Non-Resident SD100 forms must be paper filed, and the form must be removed from the return to create and send the e-file. Hopefully this will save some other folks on here some headaches.

I have a template with the SD100X and accompanying letters set up already, and have used it 3 times. Seems the State of Ohio is johnny on the spot with those variance notices this year.

Just when you think it can't get any more ridiculous...client called the # on the Variance letter, person she talked to gave the same spiel about PY returns, told client that she would be sent the form in the mail, attach it to the variance letter, etc. Client brought it to me and guess what????c'mon, GUESS!!

"THEY" SENT HER A 2006 RETURN TO file!!! What the heck is going on???

AnnieR

The 2007 SD 100X is different than the 2006, and being a State agency, they probably have not seen fit to distribute the new forms till all the old ones are passed out. It will still work, just change 2006 to 2007. The ATX SD 100X is easier to use (I don't believe I just said that).