ATX Community

1099 e-File

Ray in Ohio

I have never e-filed 1099s before and really need to do a few yet. I imput and printed the paper copies for recipient and client. Then I hit hte "efile" button at the top expecting a signature page or some other form would be needed in order for it to e-file. No forms popped up and the efiles were created with only the 1096 and the 1099. Am I missing something? If it is really this easy, I want my time back that I spent on 30+ other companies I printed and MAILED 1099s this year.

I just can't believe that it's this easy. I hope someone can enlighten me

:scratch_head:

It IS that easy. What is difficult is getting the acknowledgements! See the various comments/complaints including mine. I've had 6 accepted and another 6 validated going back to Jan. 30. I have been assured that they have been accepted by IRS but have not proof. The acks have to be manually posted or something. Tomorrow I think I will print out and mail.

Thanks Margaret. Blows my mind. Why have I been printing and mailing till now????????

I had read the posts with the acks not coming back.

>>Tomorrow I think I will print out and mail<<

Are you sure this is a good idea? If the IRS has recieved them, but ATX has issues with returning the ACKs, would this cause problems with the IRS if they recieve a duplicate copy of previously filed forms? Possibly create a whole lot of correcting etc to do later. <just wondering>