ATX Community

Mailing of Client Packet

Yardley CPA

I tend to do most of my communication with my clients via email during the actual tax season.  I send a secure copy of the completed return to them via PDF so they can review it.  I also include any 8879 forms they would need to sign.  The majority of clients scan signed copies of the 8879's back to me or they fax or mail me the copies.  Once the returns are successfully Efiled, I can move on to the next client.  I inform everyone that they may not receive their actual tax packet of information until after April 15th.  If they need it earlier for FAFSA filings, or for any other reason, to let me know and I will get it to them much sooner.

Now that the season is behind us,  I am left with preparing about half my clients packet of information which includes:

•  paper copies of their returns
  • client letter
  • tax summary
  • tax planner
  • 2 year comparison
  • All backup information they provided me

I place everything into a Tenenz Folder and place that in a Tyveck envelope.  I also have customized mailing labels that I prepare for each client.  I've had many compliments on the presentation and I find clients do appreciate it.

My question...do any of you use the ATX generated mailing slips with the envelopes made to accept those slips?  I've asked Tenenz to send me a smaple of their ATX envelope to see the type of quality and material they sell.  Wondering if anyone uses these and what their experience has been?

I've never used mailing slips for anything with any software I've ever used. I don't see the point. We use usps.com priority mail and print label and pay for the postage in one step. The envelopes are free too! Added benefit: address gets verified.

Edit: The only con is you can't just use first class. But I want a tracking service anyway, when I mail something to a client.

• Like 5