ATX Community

efiling 941 - getting error message

joanmcq

This is the first quarter where my client has more than $2500 due, so they are moving from paying quarterly to paying monthly for quarter 3.  I've got the first box on line 14 of the 941 checked because "Line 10 for the prior quarter was less than $2500".  But when I try to create the efile, I get the following error messages:

Error: IRS e-file limitation: Net taxes are $2500 or more, check either semiweekly or monthly schedule deposit check box.

Error: IRS temporary solution: "Fill out the ROFT line 14 or Schedule B depending on your deposit schedule when submitting a return with a liability over $2500 for the current quarter or paper file.

I've got no idea what the temporary solution is, what ROFT means, or how to do this.  I tried putting the amounts that would have been paid monthly, but that didn't work.  

Does anyone have a clue as to what to do before I tell the client to paper file? 

I'll take a shot that ROFT would be record of federal tax. Even though you filled in the monthly liability amounts, you are still getting the error because you have the first box checked.  I would probably check the second box of line 14, fill in the amounts, and e-file the return.

• Like 2