ATX Community

EMAIL SCAMS

Lee B

i received this email today.  It get's my vote for "Most Obvious Email Scam "!

I wonder how many recipients would actually respond to this ???

Supposedly almost 80 % of all world wide email are scams or scam related.

"Hello

You have been compensated mightily for sending money yet transaction not completed, reply "YES" details.

Security Team"

• Like 1

Maybe this email was part of a research study to see how stupid Americans really are. The fakeness couldn't be more obvious.  I have been flummoxed by the recent scam when the "IRS" calls and demands payment on itunes cards. It's still going on so it must be working.  If I complete returns for clients who owe money next season and they ask if they can pay via itunes I will fire them.  They are beyond help.

I read today that instead of live calls scammers are now using robocalls and leaving urgent messages to call the "IRS" at whatever number.  Seems they have learned they can reach more victims that way.  As the older generations, who were raised to be trusting and trustworthy, die off I fear they will be replaced with younger people who have learned not to trust anyone or anything.  What a sad society to live in that will be.

• Like 5