ATX Community

Letter of introduction to the cleints of Acquired company

I am in the process of taking over the tax practice of a local accountant. It is a very small company. The way I want to do keep his company name and do his client's business under his company name. I want to send a letter of introduction to his clients letting them know that i have acquired his book of accounts and I will be handling business. I am looking for a sample letter that I could adapt in this case.

Do any of you have any such letter that yuwould be willing to share with me or point me to the right direction.

Thanks for your help in this matter.

Naveen Mohan

first off you should use both of your names.  that way they get used to yours and you can fade his out in time.  if he is staying to help with the transition then you should announce it as a merger.  selling points to clients, more staff, larger pool of knowledge.  better quality control with double checking.

The most important thing is if you can include the purchase of his phone number in the deal since many will keep using it and clients you didn't purchase, ie ones that he might not have done the last year or 2 might come looking for him.

I think you are in queens, is this the practice that was for sale in the Elmhurst area?