ATX Community

CAN'T LOAD SOME RETURNS

rick in cal

I have a problem importing some files and they all seem to contain unique forms. Each time I download a return that contains forms from a partnership the entire 2007 program shuts down. I've tried upgrading, restarting the program and turning off the computer. This is not a major problem yet because it is not on my main computer. It is on a computer where my daughter makes entries and gives them to me on a zip drive. Since our tech support is virtually non-existant I was hoping someone has already solved this type of problem. Thanks

I don't know if this will affect your situation, but my latest update had quite a few forms, it took longer than usual, and there was a program restart with a slower than normal restart. The latest version is 2007.3.40 according to my system.

Thank you all. It's a work in progress. I restarted my pc after updating and it helped . My AVG detected a trojan virus and I'm defragmenting. In between all of these things I'm doing I was able to open the files I couldn't before but now another one is acting up. I'm working on it. Thanks to all!

I believe the solution can be found on the ATX knowledge base....I had a related problem last week, and I had to go find the return in the main ATX folder and delete the corrupted form from the return there. In my experience, perfectly good spreadsheets are often "corrupted forms."

Thank you all. It's a work in progress. I restarted my pc after updating and it helped . My AVG detected a trojan virus and I'm defragmenting. In between all of these things I'm doing I was able to open the files I couldn't before but now another one is acting up. I'm working on it. Thanks to all!