ATX Community

Let the craziness begin

Janitor Bob

Just finished 1099s and the flood gates have opened for individual 1040s....Can't transmit until 1/9, of course, but already have several "W-2 only" clients wanting their returns done to beat the rush and have ready to send...Now I get to tell most of them that their refunds will be delayed until late Feb (EITC).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Janitor Bob said:

Just finished 1099s and the flood gates have opened for individual 1040s....Can't transmit until 1/9, of course, but already have several "W-2 only" clients wanting their returns done to beat the rush and have ready to send...Now I get to tell most of them that their refunds will be delayed until late Feb (EITC).

I feel your pain.  They won't believe you, the tax professional, but they will believe their neighbor....

• Like 3

"But it has always worked before"

"But X did theirs that way"

"Really?  To download and install, I need to click the 'Download & Install' button?  Your instructions should be more clear!"

--

Although I do somewhat understand.  As I get older, I notice the things I "always" have done before, such as leave my keys in a certain spot, do not always happen.  Can't explain it to myself as it must have been one of the kids, since they have moved out, moved in, moved out, moved in, moved out (current status).

For those that "suffered" through this far in my message, today started off with an upset employer/customer.  They have "employees" who are having trouble with a certain self prep tax program, as it is not accepting their one digit W2 control number.  The employer is telling me the employees say the tax program requires a two digit control number...  I used to be amused at being asked to provide free support for the software of others, but sometimes it is too much!  (Sent the employer a snip from the IRS W2 instructions, pointing out the W2 is correct.  Any issue with the tax prep software is something the employee needs to take up with that software vendor.)

• Like 5