ATX Community

Any ProSystem fx Users?

Lion EA

That's good to know, Michael. Thank you. This is my first year with Profx, but when I get up to speed maybe I can be of some help to you next season. I'm in CT. My stepdaughter jumped into chilly LI Sound today to raise funds for Special Olympics.

By the way, I've found Profx support, both techies and tax program, absolutely outstanding. That's worth every penny I pay for this program as I'm on my own and learning this software. And, as I learn what it has to offer, I'm getting better.

I did discover today, though, that it's possible to trash a return and it's backup and lose everything. Apparently a frozen computer lost a return or made it think it was locked up and inaccessible, and the way my assistant answered a question when she rebooted the frozen computer and re-entered Profx lost the backup (or the other way around). Anyway, we were left with only one version of that return, and it was empty. There was nothing left for the techie to help us with for that return, but he was very helpful about how to handle such things in the future. Oh well, I'm just giving my very-part-time assistant the simple returns; so she'll be able to redo this single secretary who just retired on Wednesday evening when she returns. I wasn't having her backup to an external drive, since she just does one return at a time; but I left a flash on her desk and will make sure she knows how to use it. Just need to vent about that situation!

take a few minutes to customize the icon bar with the icons you use and get rid of the ones you dont. it'll save time for you. Our office is 50/50 split between the worksheet and interview views but even cch admits there are somethings you can't do in the new view which is why they haven't gotten rid of it yet as they said they would 2 yrs ago. i review about 1600 returns prepared with profx and personally prepare about 300 with atx.