ATX Community

NY IT-203-C

Wellcare

I have a married couple living in New Jersey. The spouse(wife) works in New York. I have entered her W-2 info as NY income. When the IT-203-C is produced, the taxpayer(husband) is being shown as the spouse with NY source income. The taxpayer(husband) has NJ source income only. Any help would be appreciated.

I think it asks you a negative question, like which spouse has NO NY income? So, check how you answered all the questions. The right amounts should carry from the W-2s to the right states. But, that certification needs a check box or a S vs. T or something answered correctly.

I have a married couple living in New Jersey. The spouse(wife) works in New York. I have entered her W-2 info as NY income. When the IT-203-C is produced, the taxpayer(husband) is being shown as the spouse with NY source income. The taxpayer(husband) has NJ source income only. Any help would be appreciated.

There is a box at the top of the form that you must "x" if the spouse is the one with NY income. It will then put the wife on line one as the one with NY income and the husband on line 2 as the one without NY income. The wife will then be the one to sign the form.