ATX Community

IRS Transcript Delivery

Max W

The IRS beginning this month, eliminated faxing of transcripts.  They will be sent by mail unless you request delivery to the IRS online mailbox.  If you  have a 2848, or 8821 on file, you can access the mailbox, which has a nice beaurocratic name, (Secure Object Repository [SOR]), by logging in on the e-services page.  The login button is at the lower right of the page.   They can then be downloaded, or printed.

It takes about 3 hours for the transcripts to be delivered to the mail box. 

I find it superior than fax as they can be selected in order and also do not have cover pages.

• Like 1

Fax wasn't working for me with the IRS for several years. An agent admitted that it was spotty at best.

If you're on eservices, you can get transcripts instantly without calling. When they're larger transcripts, they do send it to your mailbox, but it shows up in less than a minute. Never understood why they had to do that.

1 hour ago, Abby Normal said:

Fax wasn't working for me with the IRS for several years. An agent admitted that it was spotty at best.

If you're on eservices, you can get transcripts instantly without calling. When they're larger transcripts, they do send it to your mailbox, but it shows up in less than a minute. Never understood why they had to do that.

Rarely ever had a problem with faxing to, or receiving IRS faxes and I have done 100's over 20 years.  Occasionally, I would have to refax the POA and sometimes they would give me a second fax number.

Yes, you can use e-services TDS, but only if you have POA on file.    If not and have to call it in, the mail box can be accessed.   ( in the second line of my post, it should have read 'if you don't have". )