ATX Community

can I start a tax return on ATX Max when state form is not available?

cl2019

Just want to get things done early. My state form has not been released. If I started to work on federal forms, will there be extra work to make federal info. flow to state form when later the state form is finally released? Or is it possible at all to make federal info. flows to unreleased state form and I have to start from beginning after state form is released?

Thank you!

This is normal.   CA returns appear about 2 days before the efile window opens in a normal year.   Then it is the waiting game for that one off beat or new form you need to complete the return one return that you want to get out fast.   But there is no issue with the information flowing to the forms in most cases.

Tom
Modesto, CA

21 hours ago, BulldogTom said:

This is normal.   CA returns appear about 2 days before the efile window opens in a normal year.   Then it is the waiting game for that one off beat or new form you need to complete the return one return that you want to get out fast.   But there is no issue with the information flowing to the forms in most cases.

Tom
Modesto, CA

Thank you!