ATX Community

KY preparers Form OL-S?

Margaret CPA in OH

On 3/24/2020 at 4:39 PM, Margaret CPA in OH said:

I noticed a new form KY OL-S available for KY.  I appears to be similar to the Generic City Returns for OH but not sure.  I couldn't find it on the KY DOR website forms but it does appear to ask all the information that was/is on the OL-3.  Is it okay to use?  It would be great!

I've not used it personally but there is another preparer in my area who uses is without issue for our local city occupational tax.

• Thanks 1

I've not bothered with it.  I'm in northern Ky.  Kenton County's return includes most of the cities with it.  City of Covington requires it's own return.  Campbell County includes most of the cities too.  Boone County is just for the county.  City of Florence has it's own return.  I see the 3 counties (and cities reporting on their form) have followed the extended due dates and payment dates.  Still waiting on word from Florence and Covington.

Well, curses!  I compared the data entries with the OL-3, City of Covington, Kentucky Annual Occupational Fee & Business Fee & License Renewal Return Form) and it seems to cover everything and calculated correctly. My client has a residential rental in KY.  Maybe I will call and see if acceptable.  Clearly cannot be e-filed but it's annoying to have to print it out and hand complete.