ATX Community

Filing Form 8453 with Form 8283

jmallard

Hi everyone,

I have to file Form 8543 with Form 8283 for two clients that have charity donations over $500.00.

Last year I had my clients sign and mail the Form 8453 to:

Internal Revenue Service

Attn: Shipping and Receiving 0254

Receipt & Control Branch

Austin, Texas 73344-0254

I am located in California. My clients are located in Missouri and Washington State. Do I still send the forms to the address above or the address listed on the back of the 1040 Forms and Instructions book for 2007?

In this case the Missouri clients paperwork would be sent to: Kansas City, MO and the Washington client would be sent to: Fresno, CA.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Jerry

Sorry, didn't get a chance to finish.

check out the taxbook deluxe page 4-17

this page shows that if over 5,000.00 in value "may" need an appraisal that needs to be attached to the return.

If no appraisal, and you are only using section A, no attachment to return, just 8283. No 8453 needed.

taxtrio

Thanks for the info. That takes care of one of my return, only $3185 in donations (a car).

However, my Missouri client donated items valued at $10,000 (I have a copy of the receipts).

My question still stands, where do I have my client send the forms?

Thanks

Jerry

Sorry, didn't get a chance to finish.

check out the taxbook deluxe page 4-17

this page shows that if over 5,000.00 in value "may" need an appraisal that needs to be attached to the return.

If no appraisal, and you are only using section A, no attachment to return, just 8283. No 8453 needed.

JRS

Thanks for the reply and the link.

I was lazy and hoped someone knew without me having to look anything up :blush:

Before I read your reply I took the bold leap and downloaded the instructions for the form and looked it up. :o

Since I am based in California, my e-files generally go to Fresno for my California customers and the old Form 8453 was sent to Austin, TX.

I have further learned that you can check the e-file history for your clients (been there all the time). While in the e-file manager, highlight a customer and click on "E-file" at the top left and click on "Display E-file Acknowledgement History", it will display the e-file info and the IRS service that it was received by.

So, my Washington client's 8543 goes to Austin, TX and my Missouri client's 8453 goes to Andover, MA.

Thanks again for your help.

Jerry

Jerry,

I know what you mean on forum tools. Each forum you visit is different.

Both the forums that I maintain are very much like this one. Same syntax for posting images and links. So, I'm ahead of the game a little in this area.

I have noted however, I cannot delete a message that I just created in this forum. Most other forums will allow you to delete a message if there are no replies. I know it is an administrator setting, 'course I ain't the administrator on here. :rolleyes:

Jerry