ATX Community

List of complaints anyone?

jklcpa

I started to post this in the "no complain" topic, then decided to start my own new listing.

While the program has been very reasonable priced and has some nice features, we each have ongoing problems with it too. So how about a list of complaints about the program. Let's put it all in one posting without getting into a long discussion about pros & cons, but just make a list in general terms.

Time is money in our business. How is this program costing us?

I have experienced most all these problems myself, with the exception of research books:

Slow opening files - antiquated platform for information storage,

Delays in release of forms or unacceptable release dates compared to due dates,

Temp delay in efile - CCH requiring ERO # on file.

A variety of ongoing printing problems too numerous to list. We each have our specific examples,

Rollovers of returns may be missing data,

Mysteriously disappearing data,

Tech support basically nonexistent. 1) personnel untrained on ATX; 2)long wait times (45-60+ mins is unacceptable) 3) and what tax software provider isn't open for tech calls on Sat during the season?

Hard copy research materials purchased but never received,

Inability to access support website due to password lockouts

Increasing prices with renewal dates earlier each year

How many of us are going to be assisting with an client audit because of this stuff? Even if our charge equals the new season's software, is it worth our time and licenses? Some years back during an audit, IRS auditor told me to find other software for depriciation reporting. Makes you wonder about our decision...NOT. it is our decision...and what we can afford. It's that simple.