ATX Community

e-files stuck in "Validated" status

Catherine

Just went through a many-days long hoo-rah on this issue: submitted extension on 3/25 - still stuck in "Validated by EFC" status; update at MyATX says "no Federal return created". Have called tech support 3 times (so far) on this.

ATX is having technical problems with e-filed extensions, and what follows is what's been recommended to me.

An update of form 4868 to V26 (or higher) should be forthcoming within next day or so; check updates manually. At that point, try to get acks; the problem may go away by magic then. If it still stays in "Validated by EFC", try synching (and then, of course, having to re-mark all your completed e-files, grrr). If that doesn't work, it gets harder because you can't re-create an e-file from the return. Nor can you delete the faulty e-file. You have to _duplicate_ the return (copy of Joe Smith), create a new e-file from the copy, and submit that.

I hope that will fix it. I've been waiting a week at this point (plus three long calls to tech support, where everyone has been very polite but, frankly, useless until [possibly] today [we'll know if this info works later]) for one stupid extension.

If this doesn't get fixed, I shudder to think what will happen next week when I start submitting extensions for everyone who isn't finished. Paper, anyone? - Except my state _mandates_ extensions to be e-filed.

Also posted this info at the ATX Communities - thought it was too important to leave other colleagues in the lurch for lack of info.

Catherine