ATX Community

Employee Healthcare

Lion EA

S-corporation has had part-time employees who either didn't qualify for health plan or waived it due to spousal coverage being better. S-corp paid premiums for shareholder-employee/family. New employee wants health plan and qualifies for 50% company coverage. Is that pre- or post-tax. What do I need to know? Payroll is via Paychex, not me. And, existing health plan is via United Healthcare/Oxford Plans. Why does he ask me HR-type questions? Help! 

Yes, employer will cover 50% and withhold 50% from employee starting in April. Thanks cbslee. Anything else I need to know and any leads for me to research? I don't do payroll, so this is a weak subject for me. Will his gross pay will be a deduction for company as wages and then the company paid part as employee benefits?

1 hour ago, Lion EA said:

Yes, employer will cover 50% and withhold 50% from employee starting in April. Thanks cbslee. Anything else I need to know and any leads for me to research? I don't do payroll, so this is a weak subject for me. Will his gross pay will be a deduction for company as wages and then the company paid part as employee benefits?

yes