ATX Community

1st Quarter 08 Form 941

Cristy222

I am definitely filing paper this quarter. I just received my last ACKs for 12/31/07 940's 3 weeks ago. Already received 2 late penalty notices and paid them. I will wait and see what kind of luck you all have with Q1 before I e-file these again. I bet I wasted 20 to 30 hours screwing around with ATX e-file problems last quarter, right in the middle of tax season.

I am definitely filing paper this quarter. I just received my last ACKs for 12/31/07 940's 3 weeks ago. Already received 2 late penalty notices and paid them. I will wait and see what kind of luck you all have with Q1 before I e-file these again. I bet I wasted 20 to 30 hours screwing around with ATX e-file problems last quarter, right in the middle of tax season.

Efiled a 941 on 4/3/08. It is now 4/8/08 and it just continues to sit in Validated by EFC limbo.

Maribeth

Well, you think I would have learned.......

I've filed 2 of them in the last 2 days. How long to wait? If 4th Quarter of 2007 was any indication.........we could be waiting a loooooooooong time.

Well, I'm on hold with ATX (again) while I make up words to their jazzy hold music. I've been told that they "see my transmission, but it's 'just sitting there' ". Hmmm sounds like comforting words. I've been on hold while they figure out "where it's going next". Am I on candid camera??? I think that when they got rid of all those people at ATX last year they forgot to replace the guy who owns the In Box. :wacko:

Bob, I'm assuming these were transmitted to ATX timely? If so, what's CCH's explanation why IRS is assessing late penalties? Is there any chance of abatement? Are you renewing ATX or leaving?

JKL, all my 940's and 941's were filed 3rd and 4th week of January. So, yes, they were on time. I have not contactred CCH regarding the penalties because the amounts are so small. It would not pay for me to sit on hold with them to resolve this. I am just glad only 2 returns were assessed, because nearly all were transmitted to IRS long after the due dates, even tough timely filed. ATX and IRS had a deal to abate any penalties on returns which were time-stamped at ATX before due dates, even though not transmitted to IRS until weeks later. However, I believe for the last 2 940's, ATX lost the files, so I had to re-transmit with March time stamps. This is probably why IRS assessed me.

Will decide on the ATX package within a few days, as soon as last return is out. Have had way too many problems with CCH, and although I really like the ATX basic program, it just is not worth the grief of dealing with an owner that obviously is clueless when it comes to tax preparer priorities (eg message board, firing support before the season, ignoring requests for assistance, dropping support for the legacy accounting system without notice, etc).

Am trying to implement the new ATX accounting package right now. It is a product which is designed for HR Block. It has been customized for ATX clients in the last few months, including the link to the ATX tax program, and the conversion from the old ATX accounting system. If the first client conversion goes poorly, I am dropping all CCH products immediately. For accounting, I will write my own custom Excel-based package (have done it before for employer). New Excel pivot tables are awful good. For tax, I will try Tax Slayer, Drake, and TRX Pro (Orrtax). I also plan on buying Mel's package, if it exists.