ATX Community

se income on 1065

ljwalters

KC

Could you PLEASE could you be so kind as to walk me to the check boxes. I'm, not usually this blind, its just that I am so sick I am all doped up on meds trying to finish the season. and I can't find the place in the program to indicate active participation. I've done this same return for several years now, it allways flowed before.

HELP

Linda

All you need is to check General partner, enter income on line 1 or whereever, then on line 14 A (second line, non-farm income) enter the self employment income. Sch SE will be populated.

I open K-1(1065) worksheet and SE for 1040 and the number flow. I believe your problem is that you entering it on line 14C.

OK. Pacun is talking about entering in on the 1040 and the K-1 input sheet. You, as I understand it, are talking about preparing the 1065, right?

On the K-1, the Input tab, scroll down to section G. Mark the box there for General then H would be domestic, then I would be type, and there you enter A for Active. That should cause the ordinary income to flow automatically to SE taxable.