ATX Community

What about Banks if you renew with ATX

BulldogTom

Please do not respond if you are going to bash RALs. I don't like them, but they are a necessary evil to level the playing field with my competition.

Do any of you know what you are going to do about bank products if you renew with ATX?

I was with Republic for 3 years with ATX, but it never worked well. ATX and Republic did not play well. I finally switched to HSBC last year, and everything went perfect. But lo and behold, there will be no HSBC this year. I loved Santa Barbra when I was with ProSeries, and I see that Drake has a relationship with them.

The RAL crowd is the most fickle of them all. They will bail in a heartbeat if they think their check is going to get held up even one day.

There are some of my clients that just want to pay me out of the refund, and while I will hold a check until the refund arrives for some of them, I like the security of knowing that I will get paid when the refund is funded.

I need a solid bank to work with.

What are the rest of you who offer bank products going to do? Do you know which banks for sure are going to be offered by ATX? Any word on if they will be integrated like HSBC in the ATX software?

Thanks for your input.

Tom

Lodi, CA

Please do not respond if you are going to bash RALs. I don't like them, but they are a necessary evil to level the playing field with my competition.

Do any of you know what you are going to do about bank products if you renew with ATX?

Maybe they would tell you if you gave ATX a call. But maybe they won't decide until later.

As you say, the RAL crowd if fickle and will switch to another preparer in a heatbeat. To them, a tax prepare is like fungible goods. Their returns are too simple to require expertise, so the quickest refund is all that matters.

ATX probably goes with the bank that offers ATX the best deal, not necessarily the one that is best for RAL purveyors.

Tom, the following is an email I sent to William on June 19th about the banks & his reply.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi William!!

I hope you're doing fine out in Maine. If you get tired of a nice summer day, you're welcome to come and enjoy some of our 100+ degree summer out here :-)

I'm curious to know what bank ATX will be partnering up with this coming season. I haven't renewed yet, but more than likely will. I'm sure it won't be before the end of June to obtain the discount. I'm still trying out other softwares.

I still think ATX is probably the better one, but want to know what banks will be available.

Thanks!!

Eli

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Eli!

HSBC, River City, Republic, Santa Barbara and one more that isn't yet confirmed.

Great to hear from you and I hope you are well.

William Tasker

CS Manager, ATX

CCH, a Wolters Kluwer business

63 Sweden St, P.O. Box 1040

Caribou, ME 04736

(O) 207-498-4289 ext.40005