ATX Community

Possible New Customer in the Denver Area

jmallard

Hi Everyone,

I got an e-mail from a gentleman inquiring into my expertise in NOL and Form 1045 filing (which I Do Not have). This guy needs assistance and lives in the Denver, CO area.

If anyone in the Denver area is interested in a possible new customer, send me an e-mail [email protected] and I'll put you in touch with him.

Here is the text of his message:

I ran across your website while searching for information on NOL and Form 1045. The purpose of this e-mail is that we may be interested in some tax assistance, if you are interested.

Like yourself I am semi-retired, having worked in the Telecom & IT industries most of my carrier. One of the things keeping me busy these days is that I run the books and file taxes for my two sons' businesses, as well as do their personal taxes. This year I hit something new to me and am now working through it. They did have a NOL in 2007 and we all would like to minimize issues in filing for prior year refunds via Form 1045. We have already filed business taxes and personal taxes for 2007 and want to move forward with the 1045 filing.

Actually, I have already finished draft version of the 1045 and am looking for an independent review of what I have done, as well as I am interested in answers (or perspectives) on about a dozen related questions and issues. By the way, since we use TurboTax for both business & personal 1040 filings and since they do not support Form 1045, I have just developed my own spreadsheets for calculations of the Schedule A and the base carryback 1045 Form (nothing for Schedule B, which is not required in our case).

So, my questions are:

Do you have a good experience base for filing NOL via Form 1045?

Are you interested in this proposed review process and responding to related questions?

And if so, what would be your fees for these services?

Thank you for your response.

His response to my reply of offering to find him a Tax Professional:

Thanks for your immediate reply. I do have some other alternatives to pursue, but would be interested in your references.

I am located in the Denver metro area, but do think most of the help I need could be accomplished remotely, assuming basic computer skills for the consultant.

Thanks again.

Thanks

Jerry